The outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19) in the country has caused loss of liverlihood for a large number of labourer /daily wage earner and worker working in the unorganized sector of our State. Due to loss of employment and Livelihood, these people are passing through very difficult times.
2. in order to provide some relief to such labourer/daily wage earner/worker, who is in extreme distress, the Governor is Pleased to introduce a new Scheme Called “prachesta”(प्रचेस्ता ).
3. The details of the new scheme’Prachesta’ are given below.
- The new Scheme called “Prachesta” will Provide Financial assistance to such labourer/daily wage earner / worker who has lost employment or Livelihood opportunities due to outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19).
- The labourer/daily wage earner/worker does not have any alternative sustainable source of income and is passing through extreme distress.
- The financial assistance of one-time ex-gratia payment of Rs.1000/- will be provided to such a labourer/daily wage earner/worker.
2. The detailed modalities of this Scheme are given below:
Any labourer/daily wage earner/ worker who is a permanent resident of west Bengal, who is in extreme distress due to loss of employment/ livelihood opportunities due to outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19) and does not have any alternative sustainable source of income, will be eligible for the assistance on fulfilment of following conditions : \
(i) The labourer/daily wage earner/worker is a sole Bread-winner of the family.
(ii) The labourer/daily wage earner /worker should not be a beneficiary of any social Scheme of the State, like social pension scheme (Old age, Widow and disability pernsion) , Samajik Suraksha yojana (SSY) etc.
(iii) Only one person from a family will be eligible. femily for the purpose of the Scheme, shall include husband, wife and unmarrird children.
(iv) District Magistrate / Commissioner,KMC is satisfird that the applicant has acually lost employment /livelihood opportunity due to outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19) and does not have any alternative sustainable source of income.
(v) District Magistrate / Commissioner has reason to believe that the labourer/daily wage earner /worker is passing through extreme distress.
B. How To Apply :
Eligible candidate to submit and Application (As per enclosed Format – Annexure-A) to the District Magistrate in the districts or Commissioner ,KMCfor Kolkata Municipal Corporation area. The application Has to be submitted by the individual personally. No bulk applications Will be accepted.
3. Processing and Approval:
(i) District Magistrate will make arrangement to invite / receive applications, enquire and process through BDO will make arrangements to invite/ receive applications, enquire and process in KMCarea.
4. Nodal Department:
The Labour Department, Government of West Bengal Will act as Nodal department for the implementation, Monitoriing and supervision of the scheme.
5. Effective Date:
The Scheme will come into effect from 15th April,2020 and will remain in force till 15th May 2020.